Phirni is like Kheer, it is made with rice and milk but the main difference between these two is to make Kheer whole rice is used and to make Phirni we use ground rice. You can also add some nuts in Phirni to enhance its flavor and texture.
Preparation time - 20 minute
Cooking time - 30 minute
Serve - 4
75 gm Basmati rice
1 ltr Full fat milk
½ cup Sugar
¼ tsp Cardamom powder
2 tsp Saffron milk
4 earthen Cup
*Soak the earthen Cup in water for at least 30 minutes.
1. Soak Basmati rice for 30 minutes. Dry the rice with water and grind it.Grind the rice till the consistency resembles sooji or rava or fine semolina.
2. Take 1 liter of milk in a large cauldron, stirring occasionally.
3. Keep the flame low until the milk thickens. In a small bowl, mix the rice powder and a little milk.
4. Add prepared rice powder and stir for 5 minutes continuously, so that lumps are not formed.
5. Stir occasionally for another 5 minutes. Boil the milk until the rice is fully cooked.
6. Give one cup of sugar and 2 teaspoons of saffron milk. Mix the cream well till the milk thickens. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
7. When thickened, pour into earthen Cup, refrigerate for several hours,then served.